Upcoming North Dakota POLST Awareness, Education, and Implementation
This presentation is held monthly on the following dates from 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm.
- Wednesday, November 17, 2021
- Wednesday, December 15, 2021
- Wednesday, January 12, 2022
- Wednesday, February 9, 2022
- Wednesday, March 9, 2022
- Wednesday, April 20, 2022
- Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- Wednesday, June 8, 2022
- Wednesday, July 13, 2022
- Wednesday, August 17, 2022
This session has been approved for 1.5 contact hours by the North Dakota Board of Nursing, North Dakota Board of Social Work Examiners, North Dakota Department of Health – EMS Division, and the Board of Chaplaincy Certification Inc.
- Nancy Joyner, MS, CNS-BC, APRN, ACHPN® North Dakota POLST Program Coordinator
- Sara Schwarz, MA, Cancer Survivorship Program Coordinator at Sanford Health Bismarck
- Describe how POLST conversations impact POLST form completion.
- Identify what the role of the nurse is in completing the North Dakota POLST form.
- Explain the process of implementing POLST where you work.
Who should attend
Advanced Practice Nurses, Nurses, Social Workers, Chaplains, and EMS.
What you will gain from attending
- Acquire new skills, competencies, and best practices regarding POLST.
- Learn about best practices and scripting for patients with serious and life threatening illnesses.
- Enhance your awareness and education about POLST in North Dakota.