Upcoming North Dakota POLST Awareness, Education, and Implementation
This presentation is held monthly on the following dates and times:
- Thursday, October 15 – 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, November, 11 – 10:00 am
- Wednesday, December. 9 – 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 13 – Noon
- Wednesday, February 10 – Noon
- Wednesday, March 10 – 2:00 pm
This session has been approved for one contact hour by the North Dakota Board of Nursing, North Dakota Board of Social Work Examiners, North Dakota Department of Health – EMS Division, and the Board of Chaplaincy Certification Inc.
- Nancy Joyner, MS, CNS-BC, APRN, ACHPN® North Dakota POLST Program Coordinator
- Sara Schwarz, MA, Cancer Survivorship Program Coordinator
- Describe how POLST conversations impact POLST form completion.
- Identify what the role of the nurse is in completing the North Dakota POLST form.
- Explain the process of implementing POLST where you work.
Who should attend
Advanced Practice Nurses, Nurses, Social Workers, Chaplains, and EMS.
What you will gain from attending
- Acquire new skills, competencies, and best practices regarding POLST.
- Learn about best practices and scripting for patients with serious and life threatening illnesses.
- Enhance your awareness and education about POLST in North Dakota.